- Director (Computational Mathematics) 2003-2010.
- Associate Dean (Computing) for the
Faculty of Mathematics
1998-2001, and again 2010-present.
- The Faculty of Mathematics
at this time would have had about 4-5000 undergraduate students,
a few hundred graduate students and about 150-160 permanent faculty positions plus
definite term contract positions, post-docs, visitors etc.
The first year computer science class expanded to about 600 students and the
entire first year class to 1,000.
- This was a time of expansion in the Faculty due largely to the
Ontario Government's "Access to Opportunities Program"
ATOP at Waterloo) and so involved much time spent in planning and development.
- It was also the time when the
Bell University Labs program got going which provided significant money
for networking and other computing infrastructure within the Faculty.
- Director of the Mathematics Faculty Computing Facility ( MFCF )
- 2010 - present
- This was a largish (> 20 staff) support unit responsible for all computing infrastructure
(teaching labs, administrative machines, networking of the
Mathematics and Computer and the
Davis Centre buildings , help desk) within the
Faculty of Mathematics. It also provided computing support to nearly all
researchers within the Faculty.
- During this time, in addition to its ongoing support activity,
MFCF engaged in the following:
- Associate Chair (Undergrad) Dept. of Statistics & Actuarial Science 1990-1993, 1995, 1996-1997